Congratulations to Taimur Shoaib who won Cosmetic Surgeon of The Year 2018 at the recent ‘Safety in Beauty’ Diamond Awards – and is also Course Director for Diploma MSc’s new Postgraduate Diploma in Cosmetic Medicine which launches this September.
Mr Shoaib beat off competition from 11 other top UK cosmetic surgeons who were shortlisted following nominations from customers, patients and colleagues – with the emphasis on consumers.
Of the prestigious award, he said: “I’m thrilled that I’m considered the best in my field, particularly as I was up against some colleagues I hold in the highest regard. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and practice with Diploma MSc students from this September to continually improve patient safety, clinical excellence and the reputation of the sector.”
Finalists were shortlisted because they demonstrated commitment, excellence, passion and dedication in at least one or more of ten specified areas:
- Consistent outstanding clinical results
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent clinical care, communication and after care
- Participation in educational events, topics and campaigns dedicated to safety
- Commitment and involvement in raising professional industry standards
- Commitment to self-improvement via continual professional development
- Press/PR and social media involvement in raising awareness of safety and educating the public and creating awareness of unsafe activities and news topics
- Involvement in charitable and pro-bono work for public cause relating to industry work
- Reputation and recommendation consistent and strong
- Dealing with victims of adverse or botched cosmetic procedures’ in a compassionate, supportive and helpful way
Mr Shoaib was selected as the winner by a voluntary and impartial panel including:
- Medical Negligence Solicitor, Mandy Luckman, Founding Patron of The Safety in Beauty Campaign
- Hilary Jones, Health Editor of Daybreak, author, presenter and TV personality
- Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgon, Fulvio Urso-Baiarda
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Rita Rakus.
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Dan Dhunna
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Beatriz Molina
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Michael Prager
- Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner and Prescriber, Helen Blanchard
- Dentist and Facial Aesthetics Practitioner, Milad Shradooh
- Medical negligence solicitor, Cheryl Palmer Hughes
- Specialist solicitor in product liability, Kevin Timms
- Industry educator & developer, Sally Durrant
- Permanent make up and medical tattoo educator & developer, Karen Betts
- Integrative Consultant Psychotherapist, Norman Wright, Safety in Beauty Voluntary Patient & Public Support Advisor
- Inspirational Woman of the Year 2011, Rheagan Hendry, Safety in Beauty Voluntary Patient & Public Support Advisor
- Campaigner, Dawn Knight, Safety in Beauty Voluntary Patient & Public Support Advisor
In 2017 and 2015 Mr Taimur Shoaib was awarded best cosmetic surgeon in Scotland at the MCA awards, and in 2018 was awarded the most influential person in the industry in Scotland.